Application Development Manager
We are looking for a leader to join our North American Surface Transportation (NAST) Delivery software development team. We are making technology investments to support the growth of CH Robinson’s NAST division and we are looking for a dynamic leader to help us deliver on that investment. If you are highly motivated, ambitious, and are looking for a challenging and rewarding environment, you are looking at the right opportunity!
You will be responsible for leading and managing a team chartered with building new software functionality into our custom application platform. We are looking for a candidate who is a proven technology leader, up to speed on the latest technology trends, and has a passion for solving business challenges.
- As a manager of this team you will plan, coordinate, support, and supervise activities related to research, design, development, testing and implementation to deliver amazing new solutions and software for our NAST business
- Quickly gain a thorough understanding of CH Robinson’s business with special consideration of our NAST division and its unique attributes
- Rapidly acquire a deep understanding of CH Robinson’s technology platform: Navisphere
- Working with NAST business leaders to define software development projects
- Collaborate with Architect's to ensure that solutions are aligned with our target architecture
- Engage with internal CH Robinson office personnel, as well as, customers and service providers to successfully deliver software projects
- Provide leadership and oversight for the development team on assigned projects and foster a high performing team
- Coordinate with the other NAST technology managers and general managers to keep senior management apprised of project statuses, as well as, the general technical health important to NAST business concerns
- Oversee the career development, performance, and compensation of the individuals on your team
- Identify and acquire new talent to add to the NAST delivery team
- Forge strong relationships across global IT and the North American office personnel
- A minimum of five years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization inside and outside of IT
- Experience delivering business critical software functionality
- Commitment to continuous learning both for yourself and your team
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully communicate and collaborate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, explain technical designs, and articulate technical strategies
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study
- Hands-on experience with many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of agile software development practices
- Experience as an individual contributor on a software development team
- Proven track record of successfully leading software development teams
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran