Carrier Representative (June 2020 start)
Our Carrier Reps Move the World (video)
As a Carrier Sales Representative, your primary focus is securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to get the customer’s goods delivered on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies and help them optimize their fleet. As your relationships grow, so will your pay. This role combines inside sales, account management, and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our customers. You’ll jump start your career with our dynamic ACCELERATOR onboarding program. By learning more about the C.H. Robinson, and our technology, processes and culture, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to be successful in your role.
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals)
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers)
- Leverage our global technology platform, Navisphere, along with data and other resources to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation and improve efficiency
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution
- Maintain constant contact with carriers (average 75-100 touch points/day) to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor's degree
What We Offer
- Comprehensive onboarding - Our investment in you begins on day one. You’ll start your career in our dynamic ACCELERATOR onboarding program. By learning more about the C.H. Robinson, and our technology, processes and culture, you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to be successful in your role.
- Competitive, robust pay and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, retirement plans with company match, paid time off and paid holidays, charitable giving match and employee stock purchase program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and live
- High-energy, collaborative work environment
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran