Collections RepresentativeApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Collections Representative contacts delinquent accounts by telephone or in writing and requests payment to bring the account current. The Representative also negotiates and establishes alternative payment plans or other process for payment of delinquent accounts. Additionally, the Representative follows up with customers on established payment plans and documents collection activities and may recommend charge-off as a bad debt.
What will you be doing?
- Contacts assigned accounts within collections portfolio for payment on delinquent funds. This includes negotiation of payment arrangements, and follow-up on established payment plans. The negotiation process will include occasional dispute resolution, which will require cooperation with the Sales, Claims, and Billing Resolution teams.
- Handles incoming calls from customers and sales representatives with questions about their inactive account, past due, invoices, current credit line and available credit.
- Prepares paperwork for accounts recommended for bad debt write off.
- Processes credit card payments and check by phone payment options.
- Corrects the misapplied payments on accounts that have minimal payments misapplied.
- Negotiates settlements with customers on disputed balances that are acceptable for both parties.
What are we looking for?
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College level courses in Accounting preferred.
- 1 year of collections experience
- Time management skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills, telephone skills, verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task, prefer Microsoft Excel and Word experience. Also must have ability to use computer and phone continuously for 6 to 8 hours per day.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Freightquote is a freight service provider that offers powerful yet easy-to-use online shipping tools, as well as a full-service team of highly responsive freight experts that deliver convenient, one-stop shopping for LTL, truckload, consolidated, and intermodal freight. Freightquote provides customers with streamlined and efficient capabilities to compare competitive rates from multiple contract carriers, book and track shipments, and receive dedicated customer service. As a company of C.H. Robinson, Freightquote’s stability and resources are strengthened by being part of one of the world’s leading 3PLs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Freightquote - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran