Engineering Product Manager
As an Engineering Product Manager at CH Robinson, you will use your passion for technology and experience translating internal and external customer requirements into solutions to support our largest business (North American Surface Transportation). You will have the opportunity to collaborate with software engineers, project managers, and other product managers on high visibility projects in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and promotes creativity, personal development, and fun.You will be responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Kansas City, MO where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Driving clarity around business and technical requirements and creating user stories which are clear, complete, consistent, and verifiable/testable
- Partner with team architects, technical leads, user experience designers and developers to translate requirements into system designs
- Collaborate with and support developers during their design and development efforts to provide support for their analysis of the story
- Create test plans, test cases and do functional testing, as needed
- Validate that product deliveries meet requirements and facilitate product demonstrations
- Proactively contribute to the quality of the product by seeking and proposing innovative and creative approaches to address requirements
- Participate in daily Stand-Up meetings, Sprint Demonstrations, Retrospectives, and Sprint Planning
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to business, IT Management and other IT teams impacted by the project
- Possess a broad spectrum of knowledge crossing modes, applications, software, and business processes
- Estimate and build project schedules and drive projects to successful completion
- Some travel may be necessary
- 3+ years of engineering product management, IT business analyst, or industry/domain experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven ability and willingness to quickly learn new custom applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, negotiation, facilitation, consulting, problem solving, decision-making, strategic and analytical skills
- Strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, soliciting and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Knowledge of transportation management systems
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or MIS
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.