IT Business Analyst IIIApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a business analyst to join our NAST Delivery application development team. This role requires a highly motivated person looking for a challenging and rewarding environment that has an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration, and fun.
The position is responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. This role will include covering scope, time, cost and delivery of highly visible projects. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success.
What will you be doing?
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate and prioritize business and system requirements
- Document business requirements and translate requirements
- Work with the architects, technical leads and developers to translate requirements into system designs
- Create test plans, test cases and do functional testing as needed
- Actively participates in, and may be assigned to coordinate the user acceptance testing, defect and issue tracking processes related to the application software
- Establish project scope and effectively manage scope utilizing change control processes
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to business, IT Management and other IT teams that are impacted by the project
- Estimate and build project schedules and drive projects to successful completion on-time with high quality
- Proactively maintain an understanding of CHR business practices
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in a dynamic environment
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Effective management of schedule and time of multiple active and pending projects
- Displays ‘team first’ strategy by focusing on learning from team and sharing with teams
- Able to multi-task and keep stakeholders informed
What are we looking for?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills specifically the ability to take technical details and make them understandable to non-technical individuals, and be able to give effective presentations
- Ability to think strategically and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Accepts accountability
- Highly skilled analyst (able to see the story in the data)
- Advanced process mapping skills
- Highly efficient in Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate ROI awareness
- 4 year degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Must be a strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, gathering and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran