What’s the opportunity?
The Customer Operations Representative interacts with customers to ensure delivery of excellent service through fast and accurate response to inquiries, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires and complaints. Handles a high volume of incoming calls, tracks shipments, uses the Guardian database to document information, and contacts a variety of stakeholders from carriers to internal/external customers. The Representatives communicate with customers through a variety of means: by telephone, e-mail, regular mail correspondence, or fax. The Representative is the first point of customer contact for general inquiries like pricing, products, scheduling etc, but also builds and maintains business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty.
What will you be doing?
- Receiving and placing telephone calls with the expectation of maintaining solid customer and carrier relationships by handling their questions and concerns with speed and professionalism. This includes, but is not limited to, quoting & booking shipments for customers, tracking shipments and obtaining shipment information from the carrier. Also, handling and resolving moderate in-transit issues. Held accountable to meeting daily performance metric requirements which include talk time, average call handle time, login adherence and quality guidelines for all calls. Performs data entry and uses software programs. Also may require research skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Responsible for accurate records of all customer and carrier interactions. Inputs information from a variety of sources into Company computer databases. May take customer shipment information and enter it into the system.
- Identifies issues which are beyond the scope of those handled by the Customer Operations department, or which require specialty involvement, and generates service tickets and alerts for issue resolution. Follows up with all internal personnel and customers as appropriate to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution for all parties.
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma required; some college coursework preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience in a high volume call center or customer service environment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong ability to communicate effectively via telephone and email
- Strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Effective PC Skills including working knowledge of MS Office Programs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure
- Freight / transportation industry experience helpful
- Ability to use phone and computer for 6 to 8 hours per day
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Freightquote is a freight service provider that offers powerful yet easy-to-use online shipping tools, as well as a full-service team of highly responsive freight experts that deliver convenient, one-stop shopping for LTL, truckload, consolidated, and intermodal freight. Freightquote provides customers with streamlined and efficient capabilities to compare competitive rates from multiple contract carriers, book and track shipments, and receive dedicated customer service. As a company of C.H. Robinson, Freightquote’s stability and resources are strengthened by being part of one of the world’s leading 3PLs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Freightquote - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran