Sales Internship (Summer 2022)
Our internship program provides you with the opportunity to make an impact at a Fortune 500 global company. You’ll help some of the world’s most diverse and prominent companies move their products around the world. The supply chain industry is evolving faster than ever before, and you’ll be in the middle of the action, gaining hands-on business experience. This paid internship will begin with an interactive onboarding program where you’ll learn more about C.H. Robinson, our technology, processes, and culture. Interns are integrated into our teams, giving you the opportunity to learn global freight services and help shippers and carriers optimize supply chains.
- Work along-side industry professionals to learn internal business processes and supply chain best practices
- Build strong relationships internally across teams and externally with customers, carriers, and suppliers
- Learn and effectively use best-in-class technology systems, including our proprietary global supply chain platform, Navisphere®
- Learn and apply skills across multiple areas of the transportation and logistics industry, including but not limited to: sales and negotiation, operations management, and transportation information systems
- Engage prospects, develop new relationships, and close sales through various techniques, including cold calling, responding to company-generated leads, and referrals
- Create solutions utilizing our vast portfolio of logistics services
- Maintain communication with customers to drive account growth and ensure customers’ day-to-day and long-term needs are met
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Relationship building skills
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Undergraduate education at a Junior or Senior level (pursuing a business, sales, marketing, supply chain, communications, or related major is a plus)
- Passion for sales and pride in building customer relationships
- Creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all customers, in all situations
- Speed and efficiency in fast-paced setting (more calls mean more opportunities!)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, adaptability, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.