Product Development Manager
- Job ID
- Langer Kornweg 19-23, Kelsterbach, Hesse, Germany, 65451
The Product Development Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating regional trade development. The responsibility is to support sales development within the branch network and branch sales teams, focused on developing new and existing business. The Product Development Manager works with all areas of the region to generate awareness and focus on their specific trade lane. The Product Development Manager leads the day to day sales activities as it relates to identifying opportunities, driving focus, and reporting on progress and challenges. They work with their local sales teams, our Global network, and own potential clients to discover and assess business requirements and critical buying criteria.
This role can be located in any C.H. Robinson office in EU.
- Actively participates in product enhancements/developments and pricing discussions for Asia and Europe
- Works with local and regional management to develop sales strategies, target lists, and volume growth for Air & Ocean
- Shares customer specific data, requirements, and expectations with internal resources to collaboratively create viable supply chain solutions
- Uses effective negotiation and sales strategies in discussing pricing and selling solutions
- Makes recommendations of strategic nature to ensure sustained growth of C.H. Robinson market share on identified traffic lanes
- Communicates and ensures execution of strategies by working with local and regional sales resources and overseas counterparts
- Visits key regional offices to promote the trade lane and join sales calls with local sales resources
- Provides market specific training/awareness to all local sales resources and regional staff
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Minimum 5 years of Global Forwarding Sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, additional languages are considered a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Knowledge of the logistics industry, solution design, and supply chain
- Proven ability to create and coordinate comprehensive Trade lane programs
- Demonstrated sales, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.