Global Forwarding Senior Account Manager
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Additional Location(s)
- Atlanta, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina
Do you enjoy building and maintaining customer relationships? Are you looking to expand on your knowledge and experience in the logistics industry? If so, our Senior Account Manager opportunity with our Global Forwarding division may be for you! As a Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving growth and maximizing a portfolio of mid to high net revenue and potential accounts. You'll be managing complex accounts with relative autonomy, focusing on growth, relationship, operations excellence, implementation, and retention while working across cross-functional teams and geographies to support the customer's supply chain strategy.
- Builds credible and personalized relationships at multiple levels across functional departments within the customer supply chain
- Leverages network SMEs to collaborate on the solution and pipeline development of product, mode, or service line opportunities
- Expands market share by driving an active opportunity pipeline and qualification process in CRM, and when applicable collaborate with additional resources to identify and drive market share expansion
- Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal data and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understand positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to customer
- Proactively manages customer pricing strategy by leveraging internal tech, tools, and SMEs
- Owns successful account strategy including RFP, proposal, and award management through a clear understanding of customer buying habits and CHRs position within the customer’s supply chain
- Analyzes and shares customer specific data, requirements, and expectations with internal resources to collaboratively create workable supply chain solutions for customers
- Consistently pursues personal development opportunities to expand understanding of Robinson’s modes, services, and technology
- Create and manage to Account SOP
- Manages conflict and navigates difficult conversations with the customer, using tact and diplomacy
- Targets and manages road map toward continuous improvement for their customers
- Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry, and sector; applies that knowledge to identify new opportunities
- Collaborates and actively communicates with partners with operations and product teams to identify strategic solutions for complex issues
- Acts as an advocate for customers, internally conveying customer-specific needs across the organization to ensure proper alignment and prioritization of resources
- Manages to customer performance expectations by ensuring quality execution against collaborating with internal partners to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Accountable to customer feedback, inclusive but not limited to NPS survey corrective response action planning
Efficiency & Financial Accountability:
- Proactive review of financial results, volume, and service performance reports and to monitor and drive account health
- Identifies and implements solutions to champion process improvement and cost avoidance for the customer
- Understands negotiated payment terms and ensures AR processes are adhered to
- Regularly reviews AR dashboard and ensures timely action is taken with customers
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of Global Forwarding experience or Account Management experience in the logistics industry or field
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Self-driven, results - orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Strong orientation towards growth, sales relationship building, negotiation, and financial acumen, developing long-term relationships with customers
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of CHRW’s service portfolio, business strategies and technology systems
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Senior Sales Executive North Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Georgia, Grandview Heights, Ohio, Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, Nashville, Tennessee, Tampa, Florida, Memphis, Tennessee, Orlando, Florida 01/31/2023
- Associate Sales Development Representative Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, Plano, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Orange, California 01/25/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.