Senior Sales Executive - Global Forwarding
As a Senior Sales Executive in our Global Forwarding division, you will be responsible for prospecting new customers and closing new core and strategic business with medium and large size customers. This is a highly competitive sales role and will require strong sales persuasion, a growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to understand the challenges that businesses face within their supply chains and use that knowledge to the generate demand and develop tailored solutions to deliver value and support the customer’s initiatives. You will also use C.H. Robinson technology solutions to drive automation, improve efficiencies, and add value within a customer’s supply chain. The assigned territory for this role consists of portions of Tennessee and North Carolina.
- Uses CRM to identify, call, and track prospects in order to gain core and strategic customer opportunities
- Effectively executes sales activities and maintains a pipeline to generate revenue to meet or exceed net revenue goals and expectations
- Establishes multiple contacts and builds relationships at multiple levels and departments within prospects, developing advocates within a customer’s organization to strengthen relationships
- Understands and stays informed of the customers’ business, industry and sector, and applies that knowledge to identify opportunities and articulate where we can provide value within the customer’s supply chain
- Understands market conditions and competitive landscape in order to provide efficient and effective modes of transportation solutions for the customer
- Interprets how multiple factors effecting market conditions could impact a customer’s supply chain and can deliver a persuasive case for change
- Ability to build a winning deal team using the right internal resources, leading, and collaborating with partners on the capacity/supply and account management teams to develop a tailored solution
- Uses internal tools and resources, including but not limited to service line and pricing SMEs, to determine customer pricing strategy
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years consultative Global Forwarding sales experience
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%*
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Located within 300 miles proximity of the territory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Demonstrated negotiation and sales strategies experience
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong ability to establish and manage relationships with varying levels of stakeholders
*Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office location .
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.