Associate Customs Entry Writer
As a Customs Entry Writer, you will work directly with customers, overseas offices and the U.S. Customs department to file entries on imported freight, ensure timely coordination of cargo and perform accurate reporting and billing. You will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, educating them on U.S. Customs and Partner Government Agency (PGA) requirements. This role provides an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Global Forwarding Operations or Sales.
Our commitment to you begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program. This interactive training will jumpstart your knowledge of our company and industry, help you excel here and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. You will come out of this experience ready to be a part of our success and a high performing member of our team.
- File import declarations on behalf of Importers.
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, databases, etc.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments.
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) release of shipments.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the customer experience is seamless.
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and competitive advantages.
- Manage customer invoicing, process vendor payables and assist with receivables of assigned accounts.
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service.
- Provide subject matter support to Sales Executives and Account Managers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English (ability to read, write, and conduct business in both Spanish and English)
- Must have a flexible work schedule; Mon - Fri (9am -6pm and rotating weekends)
- Per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
- 2 years of northbound customs experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Logical, methodical and expedient approach to problem resolution
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and strong internet skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or continued education
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.