Associate Customs Entry Writer (May/ June 2023)
- Job ID
- 2441 Monarch Dr., Laredo, Texas, United States, 78045
We’re C.H. Robinson, one of the world’s largest logistics platforms and we're looking for our next Customs Entry Writer. Is that you? You’ll be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA). You’ll serve as a knowledgeable customer advocate, committed to providing excellent levels of customer service through subject matter expertise and strong sense of accountability and urgency.
Our dynamic and comprehensive training program will set you up for success. You will participate in a mix of group activities, self-guided learning, plus coaching and mentoring to help you become an expert in our systems and processes and provide on-going regulatory training. Many of our successful Customs Entry Writers go on to expand their careers with us in Global Compliance, Sales or Account Management, which makes this role a terrific introduction to C.H. Robinson and a way to start, refresh, or enhance your career.
If this all sounds good, let’s talk more about what you’ll be working on:
- Serve as the primary CH Robinson customs representative for your customer account base, ensuring prompt response to customer inquiries and follow through on issues until resolution to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate mastery with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices.
- Direct ownership of Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements.
- Begin to develop the skill to serve as a custom’s trusted advisor, transitioning from the day-to-day data entry fundamentals to true customs brokerage account management of your clients.
- Analyze and validate import documentation and data to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to U.S Customs and Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence internally and externally, with respect to on-time performance, accuracy, and customer service.
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of customs entry-writing experience
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven track record of strong customer service skills, interacting with customers and being client focused
- Excellent follow up with customers and the network
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like the job for you, let’s talk! We can’t wait to hear from you.
It’s important to note that per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law, we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.