The purpose of this role is to manage, retain and grow branch-owned accounts within your office. Understand the customers’ business and use that knowledge to provide solutions within the CHR network. Drive, organize and facilitate regular business reviews and built a strong relationship with the customer on multiple levels in their organization. Set up standard operating procedures (SOP’s), Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and deliver reports through our system as customer requests.
As Account Manager, you are a natural “farmer” with constant focus on the development of your accounts and potential growth of the existing customers in your customer portfolio. You are a solid team player, facilitating the creation of a positive team spirit with your colleagues in your own branch and other support functions we have available within Global Forwarding.
You will work closely with the sales team, will be involved in the implementation of new customers as they come on board and will protect the operational excellence in your office together with the department supervisors and Branch Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with customer resulting in continued account development
- Involved in the implementation of new customers, together with sales, making sure requirements are communicated with operational teams within your branch.
- Identify and manage opportunities to grow the overall customer wallet share
- Oversee and manage day-to-day customer activities and ensure the operations team is aligned
- Understand the customer’s business and use that knowledge to provide innovative solutions
- Drive, organize and facilitate regular business reviews and other customer meetings. During these reviews, discuss results of prior year’s activity (review lanes, volumes, etc.), project upcoming market challenges and opportunities unique to the customer
- Develop and maintain an account plan which details overall account information & metrics, identifies opportunities, account contacts, CHR’s value to the account, potential obstacles and action items. The plan will be continually revised and strengthened throughout the life of the account
- Analyze data and interpret trends to ensure KPI’s and account targets are being achieved
- Generate sustainable profitability and identify opportunities for margin enhancement
- Proactively communicate Trade, Regulatory and Market Intelligence information to customer
- Manage customer rate reviews in line with GRI’s & PSS to ensure margins are both maintained and developed where possible
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience within Global freight forwarding (Air & Ocean)
- Highly credible, mature individual with strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Pro-active, detail oriented and inquisitive
- Self-driven, results-orientated individual with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality and business profitability
- Resilient team player
- Keen sense for business development with a clear “farmer” mentality.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both ex- and internal.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.