- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Manchester, England
- Additional Location(s)
- Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia; Antwerp, Flanders; Warsaw, Mazovia; Amsterdam, North Holland
The Regional Pricing Manager will lead and execute pricing for UK, NL, BE and DE within the North-West Region on all tendered (contracted) freight and will report into the Regional General Manager Account Management. This is a strategic role in our functional organization where you can make a significant impact and contribute to our long-term strategic growth and profitability objectives in Europe. In this role you will closely collaborate with regional/branch leadership, sales, account management and corporate tender management.
The Regional Pricing Manager will be a member of the “EST Pricing Network” – a community of pricing managers, pricing analysts, business analytics and senior leadership. The network will facilitate the sharing of best practices, training, and development of pricing related processes and tools.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, it will be important that the Regional Pricing Manager has strong communication/influencing skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate within the region and with various leadership and shared service resources.
The effectiveness and results of the Regional Pricing Manager role will be measured through several predefined KPIs; focusing on win rate, margin, focus vs non-focus lane volumes, quality of pricing, etc.
The ideal candidate will have account- or capacity management experience in our branch network, with high attention to detail and proven use of analytics to drive business growth. The Pricing Manager role will be a full-time responsibility and is instrumental for our future growth goals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute pricing of all contracted opportunities on behalf of the region
- Quality opportunities, understand customer objectives and analyze bid/lane requirements, for existing clients understand volume development, margins & challenges
- Assist in the development of pricing strategy per opportunity together with sales/AM
- Continuously liaise with capacity management to understand state and dynamics of markets
- Use, learn and support development of data driven pricing tools
- Collaborate with tender management, provide regional pricing within agreed timeframe
- Define quarterly lane level pricing strategies based on internal and external data sources
- Map the regional tender calendar, have a consistent pipeline of opportunities and aid in driving opportunities into results
- Keep track of quoted opportunities – store/use a template (use KPI Tracker or templates)
- Keep track of allocations/awards and profitability – analyze wins/losses and lane growth
- Build a discipline that includes regular reviews of pricing activities, results and improvement plans with branch/regional leadership and pricing analyst
- Develop & manage pricing processes within the region, educate branch teams on how to utilize pricing tools and data
- Participate in regular pricing network calls/meetings to provide market updates and share best practices
- Stay up to date on regional economies and markets with a near and long-term view
- 3 years of account- or capacity management experience in CHR branch network
- Experience working with pricing data
- Strong analytics and statistical skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Data oriented and high attention to detail
- Strong coordination, communication and influencing skills
- Strong project/time management skills
- Strong Excel skills preferred, or interest to learn these
- Fluency in English
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.