Application Systems EngineerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
- The Application Systems Engineer is responsible for system health, performance, and availability of our application environments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a customer focused personality, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, works with a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn new technologies. Communication and ownership of problems is integral to this role. This Application Systems Engineer will be based in Warsaw, Poland and will work closely with and in conjunction with US based team to deliver follow the sun support for our AppHosting environment. A strong candidate will be able to work independently and have strong collaboration skills to share and move work within global team.
The Application Systems Engineer will be on the front lines of support for the wide realm of technologies within the AppHosting domain. Primary responsibilities for this role will be to work within a team of lab engineers to provide build, configure, monitor, and performance recommendations to a production stress test lab. The Application Systems Engineer will also be primarily responsible for deployment of web services, containers, and other components within the AppHosting domain. Additionally – the person in this role will work closely with our AppHosting Engineers on larger initiatives related to system performance, availability, and support. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is proficient with Linux and containerization, as well as proficient on the Windows front. As a team, we strive to automate, to innovate, to optimize, and to keep the lights on at all costs.
What will you be doing?
- Build, configure, support and monitor for performance in performance stress test lab;
- Deploy and support web, middle-tier, and 3rd-party systems across lab environments;
- Ensure performance and availability of tools and systems via real-time monitoring and triage;
- Investigate system resource spikes and anomalies;
- Automate repetitive duties to reduce time and human error, and to enable delegation of support tasks;
- Manage disk space;
- Review dashboards for application telemetry;
- Work with monitoring and application teams to ensure that lab environment is performing correctly;
- Create documentation for support processes and procedures;
- Participate in handoff and assumption of support and deployment activities to/from other production support team members.
What are we looking for?
- 2-4 years of Enterprise experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Server technology with IIS also experience with Linux operating system desired;
- Must be familiar with load-balancing and traffic management technologies (F5, Kong, etc.);
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ie. PowerShell, Bash), with desire and aptitude to learn others;
- Positive, collaborative attitude;
- Works with a sense of urgency to resolve problems;
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented;
- Strong troubleshooting, facilitation, and communication skills;
- Demonstrate previous experience in establishing and utilizing processes and metrics to manage support activities.
Minimum- 2-year technical degree;
Preferred- 4-year computer science degree or related field.
Windows Server, IIS, Red Hat (RHEL 7), F5, PowerShell, SSH, Ansible, PKI/certificates, RabbitMQ, Kong, Active Directory, VMWare
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.