The DevOps Engineer is responsible for
promoting partnership between application development (AppDev) and Operation
teams throughout the entire software development lifecycle. We are seeking
an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful individual who is passionate
about technology, to lead projects and oversee the daily execution of
processes, operations, and support activities within the wide realm of
development and deployment tools. This position on the DevOps team works
closely with infrastructure/operations, development and architecture teams, and
will work closely with, and in support of our growing development team in
The DevOps initiative is transforming the way that software is developed and delivered within C.H. Robinson. We are looking for a creative individual that is passionate about development, passionate about Infrastructure, and capable on both fronts. We strive to: Automate Everything, Test Everything, Deliver Value, and Collaborate by Default.
- Build and manage development and deployment tools and systems.
- Maintain inter-connectivity of tools.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of deployment tools and systems.
- Promote proper and efficient use of tools.
- Work with Infrastructure teams as the tools relate to or interact with platforms.
- Custom development: enhancements to tools, and surrounding ecosystem.
- Partner with AppDev and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new systems and technologies.
- Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/systems.
- Research new technologies with common benefits to both AppDev and Infrastructure that promote improved AppDev and Operational efficiency, quality, and stability.
- Partner with appropriate AppDev and/or Infrastructure teams to test/POC new technologies and applications.
- Maintain documentation on processes and procedures.
- Occasional travel.
- On-Call duty as required
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- 3+ years of Enterprise application development experience, and/or experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems.
- Experience working with: C#, HTML5, Java, GoLang, Powershell, etc. – desire to learn tools and technology .
- Experience with software development testing techniques and technologies. Including but not limited to unit testing, automated acceptance testing and end to end tests. Knowledge of the supporting frameworks is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the various phases of the software development lifecycle, and the principles of continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with development tool sets (code repositories, build engines, deployment tools).
- Strong Microsoft operating systems skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with containerization and/or container orchestration platforms.
- Ability to deliver to aggressive deadlines while working across multiple groups.
- Ability to perform technical analysis of complex software, hardware, and network environments.
- Demonstrated previous experience in establishing and utilizing measurements, processes, and metrics to manage support activities.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills -- ability to coordinate and motivate resources.
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented.
- Minimum: 2-year technical degree
- Preferred: 4-year computer science degree
Tools/ Equipment Used:
- GitHub, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory, Powershell, C#, Java, HTML5, Python, Golang/Go, Windows Server, RHEL, Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Azure DevOps.
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.