The DevOps Engineer is responsible for promoting partnership between application development (AppDev) and Operation teams throughout the entire software development lifecycle. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful individual who is passionate about technology, to lead projects and oversee the daily execution of processes, operations, and support activities within the wide realm of development and deployment tools. This position on the DevOps team works closely with infrastructure/operations, development and architecture teams, and will work closely with, and in support of our growing development team in Poland.
- Build and manage development and deployment tools and systems.
- Maintain inter-connectivity of tools.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of deployment tools and systems.
- Promote proper and efficient use of tools.
- Work with Infrastructure teams as the tools relate to or interact with platforms.
- Custom development: enhancements to tools, and surrounding ecosystem.
- Partner with AppDev and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new systems and technologies.
- Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/systems.
- Research new technologies with common benefits to both AppDev and Infrastructure that promote improved AppDev and Operational efficiency, quality, and stability.
- Partner with appropriate AppDev and/or Infrastructure teams to test/POC new technologies and applications.
- Maintain documentation on processes and procedures.
- On-Call duty as required.
- Enterprise application development experience, and/or experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems.
- Experience working with: C#, HTML5, Powershell, etc. – one of them is a must have, desire to learn others.
- Experience with software development testing techniques and technologies. Including but not limited to unit testing, automated acceptance testing and end to end tests. Knowledge of the supporting frameworks is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the various phases of the software development lifecycle, and the principles of continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with development tool sets (code repositories, build engines, deployment tools).
- Strong Microsoft operating systems skills.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with containerization and/or container orchestration platforms.
- Ability to deliver to aggressive deadlines while working across multiple groups.
- Ability to perform technical analysis of complex software, hardware, and network environments.
- Demonstrated previous experience in establishing and utilizing measurements, processes, and metrics to manage support activities.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills -ability to coordinate and motivate resources.
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.