Software Engineer (Full Stack)
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
As a Software Engineer (fullstack) at CH Robinson, you will use your experience and passion for delivering quality code to work on strategic initiatives designing, coding, and testing industry leading solutions that delight our customers and help us retain our competitive advantage. You will collaborate with product managers and other software engineers to evaluate requirements, estimate tasks, and write code that meets performance, quality and business and security objectives.
We are standing-up a new Navisphere Carrier team in Warsaw, Poland and they will partner closely with their peers in North America to create and enhance our web and mobile applications that allow our carrier partners to deliver our customers goods around the world. You will have the opportunity to learn from this team of talented software engineers, as well as, leverage our partnership with skillsoft to continuously improve your technical skills
- Develop software and design solutions to satisfy customer requirements that take into account performance and availability
- Contribute to the definition of the engineering lifecycle as well as the definition of best practices
- Translate requirements into detailed designs, partnering with Product Managers and Architects
- Estimate for software development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements
- Utilize source control features best practices to track and control changes
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Create ongoing value for the business through iterative development/delivery, and working on continuous improvement within an Agile environment
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for features
- 2 - 3 years collaborating with a team and working in a team environment shipping software
- Experience creating applications and features in an object oriented environment (ex. C#, .NET)
- Experience with React
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Proficient with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks(ex. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
- Proven track record in delivering in an agile environment
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.