- Job ID
- 2nd Floor, Unit B1, Banksmeadow, New South Wales, Australia, 2019
The Gateway Agent is responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for their assigned consolidations. They are a key contact and an expert in ensuring all requests and requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. This position consists of preparation, distribution, and maintenance of all documents for various geographical regions. They are accountable for executing and overseeing tasks for each shipment in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. This is accomplished through a commitment to exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Initiate, prepare, process and assemble all required documentation for air or LCL shipments
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to the carrier, customers, agents and CFS in a timely manner
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all SOP requirements, including updates on shipments, processing pre-alerts, tracking of shipments, invoicing, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update shipments in Navisphere, ensuring accurate data
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity on the master level of a consolidation, including routing, eManifest status, master level INCOterms and documents.
- Facilitate Relationships:
- Communicate clearly both internally and externally, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and outside vendors to ensure a smooth flow of the shipment
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1-3 years of Global Forwarding experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- 2-4 years of gateway or shipment consolidations experience
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills and follow up to be utilized with customers and the network
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.