- Job ID
- 2nd Floor, Unit B1, Banksmeadow, New South Wales, Australia, 2019
Enter the introduction paragraph(s).
The Supervisor- Gateway leads a team of local and/or virtual Import and Export Gateway employees. The Supervisor-Gateway is responsible for daily workflow management, coaching, performance management, team development, mentoring and problem resolution. This role participates in building and implementing changes that create efficiencies, improve productivity, deliver quality, and achieve desired cost to serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Outline and communicate employee role accountabilities and expectations. Monitor results and provide regular coaching to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency, and service objectives are achieved. Conduct regular check-ins and annual performance management routines. Support the team’s personal and professional development; understand individual needs and create opportunities for experiences that support development needs
- Clearly communicate operations objectives and team/individual performance metrics. Ensure daily/weekly standups are executed. Keep employees well-informed of operational activities, initiatives and results and the impact to customers, carriers, and C.H. Robinson
- Lead and/or participate in employee interviews and hiring decisions
- Work with next-level manager and work force analysts to define staffing levels and work schedules. Monitor work hours to manage personnel and overtime costs
- Champion organizational transformation. Work closely with next-level leader to drive effective change management and employee adoption of new tools, technology, processes and/or expectations
- Maintain an up-to-date database, inclusive of core lanes, service level pricing and carrier schedules
- Mitigate operating expenses by actively managing resources against activity forecasts
- Ensure carrier strategies are aligned with the Gateway operation including lane-based development
- Support route development, local and regional sales staff in tailoring optimal customer solutions throughout the region
- Create and manage reporting functions which can track, measure and analyze performance and efficiency relative to our gateway product and services
- Utilize operational and financial tools to monitor daily tasks, set priorities, and measure performance
- Quickly and effectively resolve issues with airlines, steamship lines, ports/CFS, outside forwarders/brokers
- Manage and revise best practice and SOP materials
- Confirm that the supervisors and operations staff have the tools, time, and support they need to successfully service the consolidations
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Provide guidance to employees on how to respond to complex consolidation scenarios
- Collaborate with all relevant regional leadership and air/ocean service line management to ensure efforts are in alignment with company and regional initiatives
- Proactive collaboration with the C.H. Robinson overseas gateway network on core lane carrier selection and performance evaluation
- Regularly share industry news, department changes, and process updates to department
- Serve as a role model in developing relationships with carriers, origin counterparts, and destination partners critical to the success of our clients’ transportation and supply chain systems
- Troubleshoot and design solutions for complex scenarios
- Accountable to ensure the gateway team supports business development within our global branch network
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of Gateway/Export operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to understand performance and financial metrics
- Knowledge of C.H. Robinson’s services
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to foster a collaborative and adaptive teamwork and communication style
- Previous experience working on projects and initiatives with individuals outside of peer group
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to both internal and external audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.