General Manager - Global Forwarding
- Job ID
- 10301 NW 108th Ave, Miami, Florida, United States, 33178
The General Manager GF will provide oversight and accountability for a team of 58 talented employees at our Miami office. In this role, you will be responsible for talent development, commercial growth, product development, financial management and operational quality within the office.You will also be a key leader working closely with our 40,000 square foot warehouse.As the General Manager it will be critical that you work to successfully achieve strategic business and financial objectives to ensure that quality, growth, and efficiency goals are met.
This role is located in Medley, FL and reports to the Vice President of Global Forwarding, LATAM.Candidates for the role must be bilingual in English & Spanish.
Strategic Business Planning and Management:
- Set, articulate, and lead branch or branches vision and direction
- Take ownership of short to mid-term (1-3 years) strategy execution and operational direction ensuring alignment with overall organization objectives
- Collaborate with team to create and articulate strategic market plan annually (at minimum), and actively review, manage, and adjust short and long-term plans as necessary
- Drive improved business decision making by utilizing analytics; identify gaps and leverage resources to help improve efficiency, productivity, and financial results
- Design, implement, and review organizational structure to drive business objectives, efficiency, and growth, including role definition, resource and headcount alignment, and adjustment/re-alignment as necessary
- Build, manage, and leverage internal relationships to ensure collaboration, capacity alignment, consistency, quality, issue resolution, process and/or service improvements and to maximize efficiencies and results
- Responsible for annual workforce planning process, including forecasting resource needs, and partners with Talent Acquisition to establish a pipeline, recruit, select, and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Accountable for the financial performance of the office
- Set overall volume and margin expectations for each product that is aligned to sales expectation, customer/carrier growth, and/or commercial growth
- Responsible for expense management, including personnel-related costs, T&E, and general administrative expenses
- Review and monitor daily, monthly, quarterly reports and analytics to:
- Monitor performance metrics (i.e., quality, volume, employee productivity)
- Identify budget impacting metrics (i.e., volume, sales, productivity, etc.)
- Adjust business processes, strategy, and resources accordingly
- Monitor the invoicing process and lags in billing and/or payment, and identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency
- Direct team on customer-related business decisions, including strategies for ongoing investment in customer business, pricing, acceptable loss rates, etc.
Business Growth and Development:
- Possesses a broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s products, services, resources and technologies and leverages those appropriately to work with the Commercial teams to:
- Identify opportunities
- Drive sales growth with new and existing customers
- Establish new supply chains and business models
- Collaborate with our office in South America on US – LATAM trade lane development
- Optimize client solutions
- Seek opportunities to strengthen and maintain existing relationships with strategic customers.
- Manage the performance and development of people leaders and their direct reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Manage the team’s reward and recognition strategies, including compensation administration and implementing other general employee recognition activities
- Review employee engagement measures and implement action plans to improve culture, engagement, and collaboration
- Must represent CHR as legal representative to agencies, organizations, banks, ministries and other local, national, or regional private and government organizations
- Oversee and adhere to workplace conduct, risk management and compliance practices including regulatory compliance (SOX), responding to internal audit requests, and implementing process changes as necessary
- Responsible for oversight of logistics and facilities management for the office or offices
- Collaboratively work with executive leadership on strategies, practices and procedures that influence and enhance CH Robinson market position
- Cascade communications to employees across multiple locations as appropriate, including information on organizational or divisional initiatives, announcements, etc.
- Actively lead and/or participate in various industry, community, and campus activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- University/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P & L
- Demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client-facing role with sales, account management, or carrier management experience
- Broad market and industry knowledge, and vertical expertise (if applicable)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.