A Pricing Analyst plays a critical role in maintaining and growing all modes of business by acting as an extension of the Sales, Account Management, and Operations departments. The primary responsibility of the pricing analyst is providing quick pricing and rate support that allows us to earn more business. In addition, a pricing analyst will be participating and/or completing bids and rate matrices. A Pricing Analyst should be comfortable working and strategizing as a part of a client team and will work diligently to drive customer retention and revenue growth.
- In charge of gathering pricing and providing detailed analysis for price level decision making
- Become an expert on freight market conditions and pricing strategies
- Analyses and evaluates individual RFQ opportunities for size, value and feasibility to customize a strategic pricing approach
- Manages and coordinates the global air and ocean freight RFQ from the start to the finish including additional customer pricing calculations and requirements
- Effectively manages and reorganizes an RFQ template so that it can be distributed to our global RFQ network
- Drive the RFQ response for global accounts either as the global lead, or make sure regional support is assigned
- Fine tunes global pricing with product managers to ensure optimal pricing is applied for each pricing lane
- Collects and gathers pricing data from multiple excel rate sheets
- Implements quality checks for each RFQ to ensure accuracy of completed tender
- Maintain pricing databases in system
- Use various industry and internal tools to gain market & industry awareness
- Meet with and develop relationships with SSLs, truckers, and other partner vendors, as requested
- Negotiate with and leverage business volumes with partner vendors, as requested
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- MUST have 2+ years international pricing experience
- MUST be fluent reading, writing, and speaking Spanish and English; Portuguese is a plus
- High proficiency in Excel, Pivot Tables, V look up, and ability to read contracts and RFQ’s
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and data management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an ability to meet quick deadlines accurately
- Excitement and passion about our industry, product, vendors, and customers
- Highly motivated, ability to work and think independently
- Displays ‘team first’ attitude by focusing on learning from teams and sharing with teams
- Entrepreneurial attitude to take ownership of the RFQ and outcome
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage time effectively
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.