Logistics Lead Silgan
The Logistics Lead is responsible for managing customer’s supply chain information and data within TMC’s Transportation Management System. They will act as an extension of the customer’s staff to ensure that all information flows properly and efficiently to ensure all transportation arrangements are made. The Logistics Lead is accountable for independently managing their own area of responsibility, fostering and maintaining a relationship with their assigned customer(s), and utilizing the TMC project-based delivery model to improve any internal or external processes.
• Ensuring Transportation arrangements are made for shipments by the following:
• Monitor customer load board and information flow in the Transportation Management System
• Maintaining any team mailboxes
• Performing relationship and knowledge-based exception management to any pre-defined processes
• Documenting and organizing existing standard operating processes
• Learning multiple job functions within assigned team
• Facilitating customer calls and updates
• Meeting operational metrics
• Conducting TMC systems trainings to external TMC customer representatives
• Managing reconciliation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
• Making fact-based suggestions on how customers can achieve their goals in utilizing TMC by understanding TMC’s value proposition
• Acting as a resource for peers and below
• Understanding and utilizing TMC’s project-based delivery model to find process improvements and cost savings within your area of responsibility and/or team
• Other duties assigned
• Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience
• Work and/or project experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Logistics desired
English and Spanish fluent level.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Information systems acumen
• Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel experience preferred
• Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and accurately
• Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to adapt to an ambiguous and changing environment
• Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
• The ability to travel on occasion (approx. 0-15%)
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.