Supply Chain Engineering Supervisor
The Supervisor Supply Chain Engineering will be supporting, supervising, coaching and developing a team of supply chain engineers that are part of the Global Engineering Team. In collaboration with the Manager of Supply Chain Engineering, they will be involved in long term strategy development and will be accountable for successful delivery of roadmap initiatives; including responsibility for managing the execution of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of systems and processes for our Customers.
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise a team of high performing supply chain analysts and engineers.
- Jointly with the Manager of Supply Chain Engineering, support the development of the team of engineers.
- Support the development of the supply chain engineering vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Deploy supply chain solutions that align with our strategic roadmap
- Development of supply chain improvement strategies in support of customer specific goals
- Understand the use of optimization/decision support tools to perform global supply chain studies, routing optimization and transportation, inventory, and total landed cost analyses
- Champion a strong PDCA based project management process for the engineers under their responsibility
- Actively engage and mentor engineering projects under their scope of responsibilities
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience
- Experience mentoring and or coaching small project teams
- Experience using data visualization and analytical tools
- Experience with network modeling tools.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic and/or international)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to analyze and summarize data, including graphs, charts, formulas, functions, solvers and regression analysis
- Ability to lead the team by inspiring trust, developing others and building talent
- Fosters open communication, speaks with impact and listens attentively
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Delegates effectively, focuses on continuous improvement and problem resolution
- Basic understanding of Lean tools such as VSM, A3 management, pareto analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Able to identify trends, patterns and outliers in supply chain data and form insights and recommendations,
- Understanding of end to end supply chain functions and relationships
- Champion of lean processes and tools for continuous improvement
- Outstanding organization, communication and change management skills
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.