Customs Release Coordinator - Evening Shift
Who we are:
C.H. Robinson is a fast-growing and progressive organization offering a wide range of services in the fields of Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding and Transportation. We provide a stimulating work environment, excellent benefits and competitive compensation package.
We are looking for a talented candidate for the position of Customs Release Coordinator, for our Montreal location. The customs release coordinator role is to ensure clients shipments are released and delivered in a timely and accurate manner and to offer an excellent client experience.
- Request and follow up on missing documents and information from clients, freight forwarders, airlines or steamship lines;
- Data entry and rating of shipments;
- Typing and Transmitting ACROSS EDI to CBSA;
- Answering client inquiries in a professional and timely manner;
- Tracking shipments;
- Answering telephone inquiries from clients and other outside sources including but not limited to drivers, dispatchers, clients and freight forwarders.
- Must be available to work evening shift from 3pm - 11pm Monday to Friday
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience in a customs/rating role
- Knowledge of Harmonized system (HS) and bonded warehouse shipments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Customer service oriented;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Software (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- CCS Designation (an asset);
- Team player abilities & problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize;
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure;
- High work standards and attention to detail;
We offer excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan with generous company contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Disability accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.