Ocean Pricing Coordinator
We are seeking a talented Ocean Pricing Coordinator for our Old Port location. Reporting to the Supervisor, Global Freight Forwarding, the Pricing Coordinator will play a critical role in maintaining and growing all modes of business by acting as an extension of the Sales, Account Management, and Operations departments. Your primary responsibility will be to provide quick pricing and rate support that allows us to earn more business and to drive customer retention and revenue growth.
- Actively price new and existing business focusing on profitability, efficiency and supporting strategic initiatives.
- Make internal customers aware of market factors and events that may impact specific pieces of business.
- Ensure that internal customers receive notices regarding significant market issues in a regular and consistent fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with time sensitive turnaround of high volume of requests.
- Participate and/or completing bids and rate matrix reviews to ensure profitability and competitiveness for key accounts.
- Become an expert on freight market conditions and pricing strategies.
- Gain market and industry awareness by using various industry and internal tools.
- Meet with and develop relationships with ocean carriers, truckers, and other partner vendors, as requested.
- Proficient communication skills in English and French
- Post-secondary diploma in transportation/logistics/supply chain
- Minimum of 1-2 years of logistics pricing experience
- International Pricing experience
- Detail-oriented with an ability to meet quick deadlines accurately.
- Excitement and passion about our industry, product, vendors, and customers
- University degree (preferred).
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, ability to work and think independently.
- Comfortable working and strategizing as a part of a client team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with high volume of emails.
- Displays ‘team first’ attitude by focusing on learning from teams and sharing with teams.
We offer excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan with generous company contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.