Sales Manager - Global Freight Forwarding
The C.H. Robinson global forwarding branch in Montreal has an exciting opportunity for a driven sales leader to build a strong and competitive sales team. As C.H. Robinson continues with the ongoing evolution as a result of the acquisition of Milgram in 2017, the Sales Manager role is anticipated to be a highly impactful position that will impart change and growth while actively leading, developing and coaching salespeople. The Sales Manager will also work closely with account managers, account executives, branch management and international agents. He/She will be responsible for implementing the C.H. Robinson sales process, working with the team to prospect, gain new business, develop/retain existing customers, manage an international lead program and update completed activities in a customer retention system. The Sales Manager will be directly involved with department staffing, discipline, reviews, training and leadership in partnership with the Regional Director.
Candidates must have global freight forwarding sales experience to be qualified for this role.
- Staff management for a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Performance management of direct reports:
- Hire/fire responsibilities
- Performance and compensation reviews
- Field evaluations (Learn/Practice/Feedback sessions, Sales Management and Pipeline reviews)
- Actively leverage team knowledge and company resources
- Ensure direct reports have a sales plan and use the sales technology available to them
- Evaluate and hold direct reports accountable for their sales plans, goals, activities, and results
- Manage the individual and team pipelines through regular deal coaching and pipeline review sessions
- Create and manage performance to Sales Budget
- Partner with Account Management to ensure effective transition of customers from sales team
- Member of office leadership team responsible to help create and execute the strategy for new customer acquisition to effectively implement and integrate:
- Includes driving adoption of technology and emerging tools to efficiently generate new business
- Support office and company culture and vision and set example for others
- Spend approximately 40% of time customer facing in support of all Sales Execs
- Minimum five years of global forwarding freight sales experience
- Minimum two years direct or indirect people management and development
- Strong experience in developing innovative solutions
- Strong presentation skills (solutions to clients & internal sales staff)
- Self-disciplined with strong leadership abilities
- Experience using a customer retention system
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Energetic and able to work independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient technology skills (MS Office programs)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to travel to assigned territories as necessary
- Industry certifications
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in a related field
We offer excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan with generous company contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.