Location United States Remote
Partnering with one of C.H. Robinson’s largest customers, you will identify new opportunities within their portfolio, generate demand, and sell creative solutions/services to drive growth through relationship building, problem solving, and providing exceptional service. As the single point of accountability, you will drive continuous improvement and articulate customer value to support the customer’s supply chain across multiple teams and geographies.
This position will support CHR’s integrated partnership in the Newark, NJ market. This position will also be part of a larger team that includes transportation services provided to other customer subsidiaries.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We continue to monitor when it will be safe to return to the office.
- Operational activities impacting the life of a load, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency throughout the entire process
- Highly engaged in carrier relationships, organizing daily load planning, and driving daily challenges to a quick resolution
- Working very closely with warehousing team to ensure coordination between warehouse and carriers
- Ensuring that dock space does not become a constraint due to carrier non-pick-ups, late pick-ups etc.
- In case of carrier no-show, will work with CHR leadership to secure alternative carrier to avoid delays to customers and compliance charges
- Sole ownership of “On Time Pick up” KPI, ensuring it is met or exceeded daily
- Collaborating with warehouse operations team to ensure that carrier loading is done in a way to avoid damages to the goods and if needed train warehouse operations on right loading practices
- Ensuring productivity, quality, and world-class service objectives by staying aligned with CHR’s and customer’s operations support team
- Measuring, monitoring and communicating results to stakeholders
- Managing carrier performance and owning carrier/vendor engagement is critical to the success of this role.
- Continuously evaluating and improving operational processes, including service and cycle time optimization to meet business goals and efficiency targets
- Monitoring and recommending potential cost savings opportunities through optimization tools
- This is an on-site position located in Newark, NJ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 year's of experience as an Account Manager
- 1+ year of experience in domestic transportation to include TL, LTL, air and/or parcel
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Four years previous sales and/or account management experience
- Supply chain knowledge
- Prior structured sales life cycle training
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.