Do you enjoy creating new relationships? Are you a self-starter who likes solving problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? As a Carrier Sales Representative you will work with trucking company owners, dispatchers and drivers (known as carriers) to find the right truck for the right shipment at the right time for the right price. Combine inside sales, account management, supply chain planning and operational activities.
What does it take to be a successful Carrier Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
My favorite part about working at C.H. Robinson is that I get to work with teams all across the country. I have made great connections in other offices with colleagues whom I haven’t ever met!Hannah,
Carrier Representative, Portland, OR
I love that we are one of the most reputable and successful companies in the logistics industry, the office atmosphere is fast-paced and fun and that if you work hard, you’ll be rewarded.Michael,
Carrier Representative, Atlanta, GA
I like everything about C.H. Robinson! From building relationships with carriers and helping them with their business to working with team members who feel like family, I feel truly lucky every day.Mariana,
Associate Carrier Representative, Dallas, TX
Are you searching for a role where you are able to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travels around the world on a daily basis? Then the Carrier Representative role at C.H. Robinson is perfect for you!
As part of continuous growth and development of our European organization we are now looking for an experienced and talented:
As a Commercial Forwarder, you will focus on securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to deliver the customer's goods on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies and help them optimize their fleets. This role combines internal sales, account management and operational activities to meet our customers' shipping needs. Through this fast-paced, energetic role, you will make an impact on the European supply chain every day.
- Developing new business, and expanding existing relationships
- Building strong and lasting relationships with key transportation companies
- Utilizing our system to work with data and other sources to make well thought out decisions, negotiate pricing, drive automation, and improve efficiency
- Manage and maintain relationships with external carriers to provide capacity and extend the service level agreements
- Provide exceptional customer service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
What do we expect from you?
- 1+ year work experience within the logistics industry
- Good communication skills English
- Ability to convince, motivate, influence, and negotiate with carriers and customers
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with different stakeholders within the entire company
- Remain positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic, and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European branches are in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 26 European languages each day
- Extensive training opportunities to advance your career
- An independent and varied job
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen - quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round. Move your career forward in C.H. Robinson!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.