General Manager (Perth)
- Job ID
- Units 4-8, Perth Airport, Western Australia, Australia, 6105
We’re C.H. Robinson, one of the world’s largest logistics platforms and we are currently looking for General Manager for Western Australia (WA) Branch.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for strategic business planning, financial management, process implementation and improvement, talent management, and oversight of functions to ensure that quality, growth and efficiency goals are met.
Strategic Business Planning and Management:
- Sets, articulates and leads the capacity strategy for the WA Branch
- Collaborates with team to create and articulate the service line’s strategic business plan annually (at minimum), and actively reviews, manages and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Aligns the service line’s capacity related objectives to Oceania and CHR’s strategic objectives
- Builds, manages, and leverages internal relationships to ensure collaboration, capacity alignment, consistency, quality, issue resolution, process and/or service improvements and to maximize efficiencies and results
- Develops strong knowledge of industry trends and market drivers related to modes, products, services, pricing, and sectors
- Ensures accurate capacity pricing in-puts for all products to drive the intended margin expectations and balanced growth strategies
- Responsible for expense management, including people-related costs, T&E, and general administrative expenses, as well as partnering with commercial other capacity and service line GMs and leaders to manage shared expenses
- Review and monitors daily, monthly, quarterly reports and analytics to:
- Monitor performance metrics
- Identify budget impacting metrics
- Adjusts business processes, strategy, and resources accordingly
- Partners with internal resources to manage financials
Business Growth and Development:
- Possesses a broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s products, services, resources and technologies to identify opportunities to new and existing customers to grow the business
- Partners with legal to oversee contract management, negotiates, understands and discusses contracts with customers/carriers (as required)
- Supports sales growth through sales and account management pipeline reviews
- Accountable for implementing and reviewing carrier relationship strategies
Talent Management and General Management:
- Manages the performance and development of direct and indirect reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Assesses, calibrates, and manages talent, leveraging analytics and observation to align roles and resources appropriately
- Manages the team’s reward and recognition strategies and activities
- Reviews employee engagement measures and implements action plans
- Oversees and adheres to workplace conduct, risk management and compliance practices within the office/capacity center including regulatory compliance (SOX), responding to internal audit requests, and implementing process changes as necessary
- Cascades communications to employees and visibly leads and supports change management
- Actively leads and/or participates in various industry, community activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- Other duties or responsibilities as required
- Tertiary Qualification from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of People Leadership experience
- Experience in supply chain/freight forwarding and/or transportation industry
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestically) as required
- Strong knowledge of C.H. Robinson’s carrier, commercial-facing and/or customer-facing business, including a solid understanding of CHR carrier focused analytics
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P & L
- Demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client-facing role with sales, account management, or carrier management experience
- Proficiency presenting at senior levels to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.