The Supervisor will ensure operational excellence by organizing, planning, coordinating and controlling team operations. The main focus of the position is to develop people, monitor performance, and support the day-to-day needs of our customers through superior operations.
- Training and developing employees
- Establishing goals (short-term (6 month), mid-term (1 year), long-term (career goal))
- Providing input on and/or conduct mid and year end reviews
- Providing input on compensation decisions
- Providing input and recommendation on staffing forecasting & decisions
- Communicating and educating employees on corporate compliance policies
- Organize, plan, coordinate and control specific phases of team operations
- Prioritize and delegate work. Monitor for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency
- Develop and document operational process within team and process for interaction with other branch teams
- Document work flow and job description of individual team members
- Actively work with management to identify, develop, and monitor metrics to measure performance of team and members
- Minimum 2 years transportation experience
- Direct or indirect supervisory, management or leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence others, set a positive example, and create a productive, positive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.