The Billing Representative is responsible for working on new and existing issues, by communicating with our C.H. Robinson carriers and our internal salespeople. The Billing Representative must be a strong communicator, provide exceptional customer service when working with C.H. Robinson contracted carriers and internal salespeople, and keep timely detailed event logs. They must be able to use their critical thinking skills to resolve any billing and open payables questions. They will use their systems knowledgeable to be able to navigate through technology with ease. The Billing Representative must work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a specific timeframe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leverage systems functionality and established processes to release high volume of vouchers daily and meet established error rate guidelines
- Release the payment to the carrier and release the invoice to the customer
- Utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills to work with carriers to resolve paperwork issues and any billing/open payables questions
- Make quick decisions and sound judgement calls when resolving invoicing or payment issues
- Develop professional relationships with internal and external customers, maintain open lines of communication and build rapport by providing timely and professional service
- Escalate complex issues to senior team members and/or leadership
- Continue to develop skills and build upon knowledge of billing processes
- Work within established procedures and adheres to quality guidelines
- Contribute ideas for process improvement
- Work as a member of the team and willingly providing back‐up support for peers when needed
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of previous data entry experience
- Minimum 1 year of strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal) experience
- Previous experience with the Navisphere system
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Effective in multitasking and prioritizing their skills and time
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to use own judgement and make decisions
- Ability to work in fast-paced, professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.