Freight Load Planner
As a Load Planner you will effectively optimize, execute and manage orders within our cross-customer consolidation programs. Utilize industry trends, order and modal knowledge to determine optimal routing decisions, utilizing technology platforms and tools to increase automation and drive efficiencies. You will interface with the consolidation network, warehouse vendors, NAST Commercial, and NAST capacity offices to maximize profit while balancing customer service requirements and carrier capabilities. This role will leverage creativity, analytics, problem solving and root cause analysis to drive continuous improvement and financial performance.
Load Building and Optimization
- Responsible for optimizing our cross-customer consolidation freight mix and maximizing our load utilization, taking into account customer expectations and carrier capabilities.
- Proactively confirms accuracy of order information and actively communicates with internal partners to provide solutions and gain resolution.
- Ensures all orders have been planned to meet customer specifications and expectations, while striving to maximize order and load net revenue.
- Identifies and leverages where system automation and technical knowledge can be integrated into their daily routines and business.
- Has an understanding of CHR’s core services, competitive advantages and business processes and uses that knowledge to retain and grow customers within their defined area of responsibility.
- The Load Planner is part of the new customer onboarding process and participates in internal meetings to ensure customer commitments and exceptions are properly aligned prior to implementation of the business.
- Understands how daily decisions drive overall growth and profitability. Manages to a growth goal and provides regular updates to Office Leadership on performance
- Possesses a broad knowledge and understanding of market pricing, trends, competitors in the space and how market conditions impact business performance and uses such to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Provides real-time quotes for the network on transactional business. This includes managing transactional tariffs and quoting process, as well as maintaining network relationships. The Load Planner will seek balanced volume and margin growth, looking to convert transactional opportunities into recurring business.
- Builds trusting relationships by ensuring quality execution against expectations and collaborating to ensure a positive user experience for our customers and suppliers.
- Collaborates and actively communicates with internal partners within the operations, warehouse, capacity & commercial teams regarding customer needs, issues, and solutions in order to meet customer expectations.
- Utilizes the Analytics team to create and maintain applicable reporting needed in order to monitor and improve performance, productivity and efficiency metrics within their region.
- Load Planner acts as a Consolidation Modal Subject Matter Expert; exercising a vast knowledge of consolidation processes, policies and procedures during a life of an order.
- Partners with operations and capacity/product/supply teams to ensure optimal execution through the use of SOPs, best in class business processes, and mutually agreed upon customer KPI’s.
- Associates degree or equivalent transportation experience
- High comfort level with technology and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.