As an Operations Representative at C.H. Robinson, you will support customers and carriers by tracking shipments, scheduling appointments, entering data and solving problems to ensure an excellent customer experience. We will support you from day 1 through our onboarding program, global technology platform and collaborative colleagues. Drive your career forward with us!
What does it take to be a successful Operations Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
C.H. Robinson really is a great place to work. The benefits are great, the people are great, there is room for advancement and the company stands behind the saying ‘We are our people’.
Operations Representative, Minneapolis, MN
I am proud to work at C.H. Robinson because I have discovered my passion in logistics. I get to interact with people all over the country and I am given new opportunities every day.
Operations Representative, Queretaro, Mexico
This being my first job out of college, I feel that I can see a career path. My hard work is noticed and I learn something new every day.
Operations Representative, Kansas City, MO
The Operations Representative performs operational work which will includes one or more of the following: order creation, shipment activation, load building, appointment scheduling, track and trace, and routine event management, with a sharp focus on data integrity, quality and efficiency.
The Operations Representative may work as part of an operations team in a network office or within a designated operations center, and responsibilities may vary depending upon the type of location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Executes one or a combination of the following tasks: order creation, shipment activation, load building, appointment scheduling, and/or track and trace, in accordance with office and company policies and procedures, with a focus on quality and efficiency. Validates and ensures the accuracy of load data in CHR systems
- Monitors load boards and assigned email accounts to respond to customer and carrier requests
- Utilizes SOPs in order to carry out assigned operational activities and meet prescribed service level agreements
- Documents milestone events, gathers and communicates information for proper problem resolution, resolves routine exceptions utilizing knowledge gained through SOPs and experience and, when required, follows defined escalation procedures
- Runs and distributes reports in alignment with defined processes
- Focuses on internal and/or external customer needs, recognizes service issues, implements customer-focused practices and/or escalates when appropriate
- Follows through on customer requests to ensure satisfaction; where applicable invites feedback and seeks suggestions for improvement
- Builds relationships at the appropriate level and works collaboratively both internally and externally to achieve positive outcomes
- Completes activities with accuracy and compliance to CHR and customer standards
- Contributes to the department’s efficiency by identifying and/or implementing operational enhancement
- Understands available tools and resources and how-to best leverage each to implement efficiencies
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Previous customer service experience
- Demonstrated communication, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.