Location United States Remote
A Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading projects. Successfully managing projects requires excellent organization, documentation, communication skills as well as the ability to help design innovative solutions when faced with complex issues. To effectively lead a project, the Project Manager requires the ability to align with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. This role will be directly accountable for achieving targets that relate to the planning, network, and/or procurement sides of the business.
- Manage multiple projects within a project based delivery model
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
- Deliver projects on time and in budget with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
- Anticipates internal and external challenges
- Successfully transfer knowledge to other relevant internal teams as well as provide support as needed
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
- Track and report project financials (budgeted vs actual) for allocated resource hours and billings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Up to 20% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
- Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
- Project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills: strong listener with exceptional facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
- Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
- Experience working and thriving in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience with lean processes and tools such as value stream mapping, A3 project management, visual management, Pareto Analysis and fishbone diagrams
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
- Experience working directly with customers
- Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Transportation experience preferred
Compensation RangeAnnual Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.