Strategic Capacity Manager
The Strategic Capacity Manager (SCM) is responsible for the growth and retention of our contract carriers within the business line, leveraging our scale and data advantage to drive mutual value creation, maximize yield optimization and profitability. The SCM is a key member of the team and provides overall leadership in the areas of procurement, carrier and customer relations and product expertise to the network. The SCM will lead pricing negotiations, service delivery and overall strategic relationship management for their specified carrier base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives growth, retention and accountability with our contract carriers by leveraging data analytics to create value add solutions for both CHR and our carriers
- Develops solid working relationships at all levels with our strategic carrier base in support of our on-going business requirements
- Understands technical capabilities of carriers and seeks opportunity to drive internal operational efficiencies via automation
- Understands and advocates for the full capabilities of assigned contract carriers and actively works to leverage these services to the mutual benefit of the carrier, our customers and C.H. Robinson
- Conducts weekly scorecard reviews, leveraging internal and external data to gain customer insights to uncover new opportunities for growth and yield optimization
- Identifies ways to differentiate from competitors by leveraging where the company is going, both short and long term, to drive innovation with the carrier
- Acts as a subject matter expert to transfer knowledge within the business line and our external customers
- Provides a macro view of industry and educates network commercial leadership on current market trends/pressures
- Partners with the analytics team to create consistent tools and reports that drive transparency that can track, measure and analyze carrier performance trends by carrier and customer
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Assists in aligning capacity needs of the consolidation service centers with carrier network to improve service, utilization and overall performance
- Leads initiatives to improve automation and transfer of information between the carrier and the service line
- Works to develop opportunities for committed capacity and create opportunities with customers
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain and logistics
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestically)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Ability to build strategic, collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated strategic orientation, negotiation skills and business expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Comfortable engaging with all levels including senior leadership, carriers and customers
- Self-motivated and able to proactively and regularly collaborate with a large and geographically dispersed team of all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work accordingly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.