- Job ID
- 264 Bay Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3207
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote a culture and working environment that embraces growth and development to meet the needs of our employees and customers, resulting in higher employee engagement and overall customer satisfaction
- Instill professionalism, ensure adherence to policy and procedures, and encourage consistency of process
- Identify development opportunities, provide constructive feedback, offer continuous training opportunities for direct line reports
- Play major role in recruitment, onboarding, and continuous development of talent
- Provide individualized coaching plans for direct reports and host semi-annual Talent (performance) reviews
- Regularly share industry news, department changes, and process updates to department
- Draft client advisories on relevant trade, market, and regulatory updates
- Provide guidance to employees on how to respond to challenging customer scenarios
- Maintain monthly balanced scorecard of department performance
- Participate in pricing and process negotiations
- Collaborate with branch leadership teams to deliver effective problem resolution and process improvement
- Set quantitative, qualitative, and personalized objectives for Department supervisors
- Design, control, and maintain the process for successful service delivery
- Uphold our customer SLA (service level agreements)
- Serve as a role model in developing relationships with clients, origin counterparts, and destination partners critical to the success of our clients’ transportation and supply chain systems
- Utilize tools to confirm effective process execution and timely, accurate invoicing for services rendered
- Mentor employees to deliver quality business reviews
- Conduct business reviews and support sales efforts
- Troubleshoot and design solutions for challenging customer scenarios
- Assign and ensure proper setup for new business onboarding
- Mitigate operating expenses by actively managing resources against activity forecasts
- Utilize operational and financial tools to monitor daily tasks, set priorities, and measure performance
- Quickly and effectively resolve issues with airlines, steamship lines, ports/CFS, outside forwarders/brokers
- Monitor and maintain control over accounts receivable/accounts payable
- Manage and revise best practice and SOP materials
- Confirm that the supervisors and operations staff have the tools, time, and support they need to successfully service the customers
- Identify opportunities to utilize global operations team to deliver continuous improvement exercises that strengthen the customer relationship and improves efficiency
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of Global Forwarding experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct people management experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestically )
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven flexibility & adaptability to product and customer needs
- Time management and organizational skills
- High emotional intelligence, situational leadership, and coaching techniques
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong operations management performance
- Understanding of financial statements and key performance metrics
- Track record of building strong customer relationships
- Site Specific: Additional European language (regional languages)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Global Forwarding Co Ordinator - Transport Port Melbourne, Victoria, Keilor Park, Victoria 02/16/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.