Global Forwarding Agent (Customer Service)
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Port Melbourne, Victoria
- Additional Location(s)
- Keilor Park, Victoria
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Understand and input applicable financial components of shipments to generate correct billing for customers
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate shipments and mentor others on how to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update shipments in Navisphere, ensuring accurate data
- Provide complex quotes based on needs of network
- Coach and train others on pricing strategies
- Provides track and trace service to customers and generates shipment documents
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Builds great relationships with customers, responding timely and following up on issue resolution
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers/Agents, CHR offices, and Outside Vendors
- Act as a key customer contact and subject matter expert
- Lead by example when it comes to customer outreach, retention, and expansion
- Act as a resource and expert to the department, branch, and network on customer requirements & process initiatives
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate cross-functionally, building relationships with account management identifying client by identifying and proposing process improvement and/or consultative leads
- Monitor customer shipments trends and its impact to our processes and operations
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Make recommendations to improve or implement technology solutions to recognize efficiencies and improve net revenue
- Provide support to Sales Executives and Account Managers for customer reporting
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of Global Forwarding industry experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics, or International Business
- Extensive industry and department knowledge (process & handling, regulations, international shipping, etc.)
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking skills, and high level of flexibility as priorities and needs change daily
- Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, and analytical mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Proven track record of dealing with customers and being client focused
- High level of attention to detail and ability to execute with 95% or higher monthly audit compliance and minimal unbillable charges
- Site Specific: Fluent in the local language
- Site Specific: Ability to speak multiple European languages
- Site Specific: Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities (customs clearance, bonded transports)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.