General Manager Global Forwarding
- Job ID
- Waalhaven Zuidzijde 19, Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands, 3089 JH
The General Manager of Rotterdam Global Forwarding office will oversee a team of 20 colleagues (with the target to grow), including indirect/direct Account Management and Sales support. You will be overseeing the Ocean Freight business for the entire Netherlands including customs brokerage services. You will lead strategic goal planning and manage execution to meet goals.
- Set, articulate, and lead vision and direction in terms of managing Ocean Freight and customs activities for entire Netherlands
- Set goals and objectives for team members that impact achievement of operational results
- Collaborate with team to create and articulate strategic market plan annually (at minimum), and actively reviews, manages, and adjusts short and long-term plans as necessary
- Align strategic market plan to CHR’s strategic objectives
- Drive improved business decision making by utilizing analytics; identify analytic gaps and leverage organizational resources and both internal and external technology to help improve efficiency, productivity, and financial results
- Accountable for the financial performance of an office
- Set overall volume and margin expectations for each product that is aligned to sales expectation, customer/carrier growth, and/or commercial growth
- Responsible for expense management, including personnel-related costs,, T&E, and general administrative expenses
- Review and monitor daily, monthly, quarterly reports and analytics
- Seek opportunities to strengthen and maintain existing relationships with strategic customers. Analyze a defined set of customers’ businesses to identify strategic opportunities, manage challenges, and provide guidance to sales, account management, and operations teams
- Drive best practices in sales and account management by leveraging and reinforcing C.H. Robinson’s tools and strategies to facilitate more strategic selling and account relationships by focusing on customer motivations and their desired outcomes
- Manage the performance and development of direct and indirect reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training and developmental tools
- Oversee and adhere to workplace conduct, risk management and compliance practices including regulatory compliance, responding to internal audit requests, and implementing process changes as necessary
- Create, update, and implement business continuity plans, including risk assessment, customer and employee impacts, issues, and solutions, and clearly communicates to appropriate parties
- Responsible for oversight of logistics and facilities management for the office
- Cascade communications to employees across multiple locations as appropriate, including information on organizational or divisional initiatives, announcements, etc.
- Visibly lead and support change management including active involvement in communication, implementation, and reinforcement
- Actively lead and/or participate in various industry and community activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- University/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience managing financials for a business segment
- Ability to understand and communicate financial metrics, including P&L
- Demonstrated success generating revenue or business growth in a client-facing role with sales, account management, or carrier management experience
- Broad market and industry knowledge, and vertical expertise (if applicable)
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Global Forwarding Agent- Ocean Export Rotterdam, South Holland 02/22/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.