GF agent Ocean Import
- Job ID
- Waalhaven Zuidzijde 19, Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands, 3089 JH
As part of continuous growth and development of our European Global Forwarding organization we are now looking for a talented:
GLOBAL FORWARDING REPRESENTATIVE - OCEAN IMPORT
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
As a Global Forwarding Representative, you will have the opportunity to directly support customer supply chains by helping to move their freight efficiently and effectively. In this role you will be responsible for the operational handling and follow-up of a portfolio of ocean customers and will report to the Supervisor Export. You will interact directly with customers to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate cargo bookings, and conduct analysis to help customers maximize C.H. Robinson's technology offerings. This role encompasses the issuing of export transportation documents, building vendor relationships, customer service to internal and external customers, agents and offices worldwide.
Our Global Forwarding Representatives thrive in a fast paced environment while working to provide best-in-class customer service and problem resolution. The Global Forwarding Representative position is an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Operations, Sales, or Account Management.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
What will you be doing?
- Take part in start to finish Customer Service and Import Brokerage requirements
- Ensure that the Import section declare shipments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure Customs entries are reviewed to confirm compliance
- Ensure that at all times the import Section are working in accordance with the Company’s Credit Policy and Revenue & Customs procedures
- Maintain a high standard of customer service
- Maintain and update customer information on computer records, customer records and files
- To have an active role in resolving customer queries, accounts queries and any Customs issues
- To liaise effectively with other departments
- To be responsible for daily invoicing in accordance with the Company standard procedure
- To be proactive in the development of the Import systems and procedures
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role within forwarding
- Experience with issuance of documentation such as Bills of Lading
- Knowledge about Incoterms
- Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities
- Knowledge and experience with multimodal transport
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent over all communication and customer service skills
- Native/fluent Dutch speaker with good communication skills in English, German is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the internet
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
- Hands on mentality, eager to learn, prepared to walk the extra mile
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European branches are in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 26 European languages each day.
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen - quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join more than 14,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.