This is a unique opportunity to be a member of the European Robinson Fresh sales organization. With this role, you’ll have the opportunity to join a small team with an ability to make a big impact. We need creative thinkers and builders with previous sales and business development experience whose mission is to feed the world. The right candidate will have a passion for fruits and vegetables.
As part of the continuous growth and development of Robinson Fresh in Europe we are currently looking for a dynamic and talented:
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
What’s the opportunity?
Robinson Fresh is a C.H. Robinson Company dedicated to providing our customers with fresh food solutions. We´re proud of our heritage as one of the largest produce companies in the world and we look forward to leading the industry into the future. We are a newer office of the Global Robinson Fresh Sourcing Team working very closely with colleagues all over the globe for both supply & customer opportunities. Our industry knowledge, size and scale, global reach, exclusive brands, marketing ideas and innovative solutions will help customers grow their business.
As a Market Specialist, you will be selling and managing accounts for the industry leader, backed by people, processes, and technology that are second to none. In this role, you will develop customer relationships and close business utilizing our proven sales process. You will continue to cultivate customer relationships with a focus on meeting their ongoing logistics needs, or with a focus on cultivating our supplier and grower relationships by managing the supply of fresh fruits and vegetables. Our Market Specialists are driven to succeed, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love a good challenge.
Attention to detail, ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities, and the ability to stay organized while helping others get organized are critical skills. A sense of humor, curiosity, and a desire to work with a smart and diverse group of people will make you an excellent addition to our team.
What will you be doing?
- Execute the Robinson Fresh sales process, with a focus on transactional business
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of existing accounts, developing relationships with contacts at multiple levels within customer organizations
- Create solutions based on customer needs utilizing our vast portfolio of services, leveraging internal teams within the division
- Build strong relationships with customers/growers by staying in constant communication to ensure day to day and long term needs are met
- Manage customer/grower expectations and provide an excellent customer service experience
- Stay up to date on industry trends and Robinson Fresh best practices to provide solutions that add value and efficiencies within the customer’s supply chain
What are we looking for?
- Fluent English, Dutch and German is a big plus (any additional European languages are an asset)
- Passion for sales and customer relationships
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service
- Excellent time management skills; capable to manage and prioritize work and customers
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European branches are in Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 26 European languages each day
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen - quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join more than 14,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.