Pricing and Inside sales executive
- Job ID
- Waalhaven Zuidzijde 19, Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands, 3089 JH
The Pricing and Sales executive role will process and provide modal pricing and analytical responses as they relate to business opportunities. They will work in conjunction with the network of offices, corporate shared services, and/or customers to coordinate the best competitive solution to meet the needs of the customers. This position requires the individual to act as a pricing owner for each opportunity.
- Execute Pricing processes and service level agreements with the branch network that meet the pricing needs of commercial resources and retains pricing data within our bid ecosystem
- Manage, complete, and respond to daily pricing requests in accordance with assigned due dates or service level agreements for new and existing customers in a specific mode, product, or trade lane
- Ensure compliance with operational policies prior to pricing business
- Provide notes on every pricing activity logging how the pricing was compiled to effectively communicate that information to relevant operations staff upon award
- Manage incoming work queue. Responding to network requests/assistance via email/incoming ticket system and phone
- Perform checks and balances of bid submissions and awards, and subsequent uploads to our Bid Ecosystem
- Ensure quality assurance of submitted bid rates, award verification and final rate uploads
- Read through bid materials to understand requirements and expectations
- Gather, consolidate, and verify rates and lane awards
- Manage the timeline for all parties involved to ensure timely submission of bids
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail
- Perform site administration for some websites based on opportunity. Work with the administration tool, setting up, registering, and downloading documents
- Understand and utilize the various pricing tools available
- Ensure compliance with operational policies prior to pricing business
- Monitor and report back to management monthly progress towards assigned goals and KPIs
- Understand modal yield strategy & modal assessorial fees
- Maintain a strong understanding of all C.H. Robinson pricing tools & myQ to leverage process and quality
- Identify process improvements in the quality of pricing activities and trends that lead to more favorable win ratios
- Communicate and develop rapport with key business stakeholders and branch network with the goal of understanding modal yield strategy and modal assessorial fees and/or market fluctuations
- Collaborate with teams around the Network of offices and shared services to continuously improve processes, build tools, and share best practices for pricing
- Assist offices with any issues relating to pricing and tools. Trouble shooting and problem-solving problems relating to bid awards
- Site Specific: Daily interaction with RPM (Regional Pricing Managers), owning offices, Global Operating Models, Deal Desk-Solution Designs and Award Upload team
- Assess data from a variety of sources and use it to derive insights while generating pricing strategies
- Align capacity measurements from current drayage providers to ensure operational execution is attainable
- Develop relationships with existing suppliers while finding new suppliers who can meet our needs more effectively and efficiently
- Assess data from a variety of sources and use it to derive insights while generating pricing strategies. This may include assessment of warehouse service requirements, inventory requirements, and consolidated transportation pricing to drive strategic customer solutions.
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data.
- Develop an understanding of capabilities at each warehouse facility, types of products allowed in storage, and costs in each market to drive effective customer solutions and rates.
- Develop relationships with internal sales and pricing teams, participate on calls with customers to discuss pricing and analysis reports, and communicate with management regularly on status of pricing opportunities and initiatives to continuously improve pricing activities
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in operations, customer service, and/or pricing
- Site Specific: Fluent in Dutch and English (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Commercial experience within C.H. Robinson and/or external logistical experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated prioritization, time management, and attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Demonstrated strong decision-making skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and ability to prioritize tasks between daily responsibilities
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.