General Manager- Capacity Management
As a General Manager Capacity Management you will propose, manage and coordinate regional function strategy, business plan and control the budget to achieve regional objectives and align to C.H. Robinson’s vision and goals. You will be responsible for South-West region- France and Spain with approximately 65 employees working in 4 offices.
This position can be based in one of C.H. Robinson offices in France or Spain.
- Propose, manage and coordinate regional function strategy, business plan and control the budget to achieve regional objectives and align to C.H. Robinson’s vision and goals
- Ensure strategic alignment of capacity priorities with customer strategy
- Drive trade lane strategy
- Make decisions regarding work processes and projects in order to achieve objectives established by senior management
- Report on progress on business plan and any key issues in the region to functional Director
- P&L responsibility of regional capacity management branches
- Hold ongoing business reviews
- Manage teams of professionals, supervisors and managers; Act as an advisor to subordinates regarding projects & overall operations and provide leadership through both hands-on management approaches and delegation
- Drive employee productivity and performance culture: leverage function synergies and experience, minimize repetitive tasks via automation, improve pre-booking velocity and booking automation, minimize internal trading barriers and ensure ‘fair play’, coordinate and support cross functional initiatives
- Ensure the team develops strategic carrier relationships and promotes CHR eco-system services; Understand the needs of carriers and industry trends; Develop best in class carrier management routines and provide input to the development of new, or the improvement of existing products/value added services for carriers
- Build and maintain personal relationships with region top carriers
- Drive service quality by better carrier performance management and allocating more freight to better performing carriers
- Develop and leverage capacity account management best practices and monitor execution of value-added plans
- Drive standardization and automation of capacity routines.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the European logistics, Supply chain or Transport industry
- Additionally, 3+ years of management experience in a dynamic, analytical minded and international environment, with diverse and geographically spread out teams and customer base
- Experience in dealing with carriers (road freight), and in general with commercial dealings and trading
- Knowledge of industry metrics and strong affinity with automation, IT and analytical reporting tools
- Proven track record of establishing and implementing operating procedures/principles designed to improve efficiency
- Core understanding of industry sales-, account- and financial management operations
- Management skills: motivate, develop, coach and manage managers and professionals.
- Entrepreneur with an innovation bias: continuously scans the market for new opportunities, best practices and potential disruptors
- Strong social competences: acts as team player and builds relations easily (non-hierarchical attitude)
- Willingness to travel within Region on a regular and as need basis
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or equivalent.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.