Manager Carrier Management
- Job ID
- Le Parc Mail, Saint-Priest, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France, 69800
The Manager Carrier Management leads a team of both local and virtual employees responsible for capacity-facing activities (sales, account management, post-sales support) in order to meet the transportation needs of the customer, deliver a quality experience, and meet organizational financial targets. They are responsible for employee hiring, onboarding and ongoing performance management and development. The Manager Carrier Management builds effective relationships with internal partners to understand customer needs and new or ongoing business opportunities, in order to position their capacity team to deliver on expectations. They champion both capacity and organizational transformation by leading effective change management within their team.
- Daily coaching and performance management. Monitor employee activity, productivity and quality metrics; work one-on-one with employees providing coaching and guidance to drive the right behaviors and improve results. Support employees with problem resolution or remove barriers when appropriate
- Encourage employee feedback through formal and informal channels (engagement survey, manager feedback). Acknowledge and act on the feedback to drive employee engagement and a culture of open two-way communication, inclusivity and continuous improvement
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion, and alignment of qualified and diverse talent in designated locations
- Plan employee schedules to ensure coverage. Monitor weekly hours to manage personnel and overtime costs
Business Strategy and Execution:
- Clearly communicate capacity organization’s strategic objectives and team/individual performance metrics. Ensure daily/weekly stand-ups are executed with quality and relevant information is shared in a timely manner
- Drive adoption and participate in strategic carrier procurement strategies (i.e. Drop Trailer, Navisphere procurement, RFP bid process, etc.) by partnering with shared services, and supporting the customer sales and committed capacity process to provide quality coverage options
- Utilize analytics to drive decision making, manage employee performance and improve quality. Promote usage among the team to ensure appropriate action is being taken in response to results
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of C.H. Robinson’s products, services, resources and leverage those appropriately to optimize client solutions. Lead by example to build a deep understanding of technology and how adoption drives the achievement of organizational goals
- Stay apprised of industry trends and market drivers related to modes, products, services, pricing or verticals. May act as a subject matter expert in communicating with various internal stakeholders
- Champion organizational transformation. Work closely with next level leader to drive effective change management and employee adoption of new tools, technology, processes or expectations
- Contribute to a positive culture by setting and communicating self and team expectations for ethical behavior and adherence to internal trading rules
- Participate in and/or lead functional projects as needed
- Accountable for supporting, implementing and reviewing carrier relationship strategies including fostering, retaining and growing strategic carrier relationships
- Create and maintain positive relationships with internal partners and customer-facing teams to develop capacity strategies, manage issues, develop high level client relationships, participate in customer presentations/communications, and ensure quality execution. Stay apprised of business needs and changes, business opportunities and customer expectations. Partner on problem resolution and work together on continuous improvement. Take accountability to ensure capacity team members are well-informed of business expectations and well-positioned to deliver. Keep internal partners apprised of capacity strategies, initiatives and changes
- Build, manage, and leverage internal relationships with capacity peers that reinforces a culture of one team and enables the execution of high-quality coverage, ethical issue resolution, and process or service improvements
- Minimum 3 years of related logistics experience; capacity experience preferred
- Fluent in French and English (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous supervisory or team leadership experience
- Passionate about leading people and diligent in driving engagement and performance improvement
- Strong communication skills; ability to build effective relationships, collaborate, negotiate and influence
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Comfortable and capable in presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to quickly adjust individual or team priorities based on business needs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.