Strategic Sales Executive
What’s the opportunity?
As Strategic Sales Executive you will be responsible to develop business with new prospects and existing clients. You focus on developing relationships at a strategic and executive level with large multinational organizations, aligning our European Surface Transportation network capabilities, primarily pan-European full truckload services.
You will drive revenue through navigating and aligning with complex organizations and internal deal teams to provide relevant and innovative solutions. This is a consultative sales position that requires strong relationship building, discovery, deal structuring and presentation skills. You are part of a highly competent team of Corporate Customer Services, based in Amsterdam. You will report to the Commercial Director, Europe Surface Transportation.
Learn more about this exciting opportunity HERE
What will you be doing?
- Actively create and manage a sales pipeline (high emphasis on discovery)
- Align internal resources and lead deal teams
- Collaborate with commercial resources from other (global) regions and service lines to facilitate cross selling opportunities
- Ensure won business is successfully implemented; manage the transition of new business into one or multiple account management centers (depending on deal structure)
- Understand where and how to use C.H. Robinson (corporate) resources and act as the ‘go to’ resource for network sales
- Participate in branch sales opportunities on request to assist in closing
- Develop and maintain strong inter-company relationships
- Create individual sales plan to support goals
- Continually self-develop in modes, services, legal, analytics, technology, supply and demand, and market situation
- Act as a representative at professional conferences and trade shows
- Participate in regular meetings with the Corporate Sales team and European Leadership
- Create and manage a personal development plan
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of proven commercial experience in the logistics/transportation industry
- Strong understanding of the European international truckload market
- Bachelor/Master level in logistics, business administration, or equivalent in work experience
- Strong communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Natural in establishing and managing relationships, with varying levels of stakeholders
- Comfortable leading meetings and group discussions and speaking in public
- Self-starter, able to think, plan, and act independently
- Commercial and service oriented. Keen sense for business development (hunter mentality)
- Fluency in English is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in Europe (up to 60% of time)
This position is flexible in location, however candidates based in Amsterdam (or willing to relocate) may get preference
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.