Associate Project Manager
The Associate Project Manager is an entry-level role within our Project Management discipline and will be responsible for managing multiple projects within a program critical to success of a Customer. The Associate Project Management is accountable to gather voice of Customer, build project charters, develop the project plans, facilitate their delivery, resolve issues and escalate appropriately. The Associate Project Manager has a proven track record of delivering projects on time and with the expected quality. The stakeholder matrix for this program is vast, with dozens of stakeholders and SME’s across multiple companies. It is critical that this individual have outstanding organization, communication and change management skills.
- The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
- Manage and/or support multiple projects within a project-based delivery model
- Build project plans from voice of Customer and overall business need/direction
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
- Deliver projects successfully, and on time with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Up to 20% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
- English Fluent Level
- Excel Advanced Level
- 1+years of previous Project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work and/or project experience in Supply Chain, Project Management, Transportation, and/or Logistics experience
- Strong communication skills: strong listener with exceptional facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
- Knowledge of lean processes and tools such as value stream mapping, A3 project management, visual management, Pareto Analysis and fishbone diagrams
- Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Project Management Professional certification
- Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
- Experience working directly with customers
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.