Senior Carrier Representative
Do you enjoy creating new relationships? Are you a self-starter who likes solving problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? As a Carrier Sales Representative you will work with trucking company owners, dispatchers and drivers (known as carriers) to find the right truck for the right shipment at the right time for the right price. Combine inside sales, account management, supply chain planning and operational activities.
What does it take to be a successful Carrier Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
My favorite part about working at C.H. Robinson is that I get to work with teams all across the country. I have made great connections in other offices with colleagues whom I haven’t ever met!Hannah,
Carrier Representative, Portland, OR
I love that we are one of the most reputable and successful companies in the logistics industry, the office atmosphere is fast-paced and fun and that if you work hard, you’ll be rewarded.Michael,
Carrier Representative, Atlanta, GA
I like everything about C.H. Robinson! From building relationships with carriers and helping them with their business to working with team members who feel like family, I feel truly lucky every day.Mariana,
Associate Carrier Representative, Dallas, TX
- Ensures committed, awarded, open board, priority and/or strategic freight moves in accordance with customer expectations by matching capacity to shipments.
- Takes ownership of strategic freight opportunities. Engages and aligns internal resources (account management, operations, and leadership) to ensure alignment, resource prioritization and participation in strategic capacity solutions.
- Secures capacity and ensures optimal execution by creating and/or executing SOPs and adhering to best in class business processes and mutually agreed upon KPI’s.
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, determines the best course of action, and implements solutions. Works closely with internal partners (account management, operations or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution.
- Capacity Procurement
- Secures capacity by balancing a healthy portfolio of committed capacity as well as taking inbound calls based on interest generated from load boards, calling carriers, negotiating rates, and making buying decisions.
- Utilizes internal pricing tools to purchase capacity within cost parameters and at market rates.
- Interprets carrier analytics and leverages other tools and resources to guide informed buying decisions.
- Has autonomy to source capacity and negotiate commitments with carriers for volume, lane, and/or rates in alignment with longer term and/or strategic business opportunities.
- Is focused on developing alternative capacity to aligned business such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity and multi-leg movements as well as traditional coverage.
- Collaborates with the service line on longer term engagements such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity, etc. in their aligned business.
- Internal and External Relationships
- Maintains and grows relationships with existing carrier accounts through regular phone calls, emails and/or face to face visits.
- Develops new carrier relationships by researching carriers in the marketplace, generating leads, calling potential carriers, initiating contact with key stakeholders and qualifying the account.
- Based upon carrier needs, will participate and/or lead carrier account reviews either independently or with collaboration from their manager; evaluates current and future business needs, discusses recent wins/losses and identifies opportunities for additional business.
- Establishes contacts and builds relationships to form an internal network of resources.
- Drives the automation of carrier activities (automation compliance) in accordance with company strategy.
- Ensures quality expectations are met on all assigned business.
- Complies with expectations as defined in internal trading rules.
- A minimum of one year of service at C.H. Robinson
- Fluent Spanish and English
- Ability to work in Mexico country
- One year of carrier sales experience and/or account management experience
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of CHR products and services including managed carriers, automation products, other tools like carrier recommender
- Proficiency in customer relationship management and business KPIs
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail
- Location: Monterrey (Desired)
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.