- Job ID
- Ave. Lazaro Cardenas 301, San Pedro Garza García (Jesús María), Nuevo León, Mexico, 66269
The Tax Accountant will help support tax compliance, tax accounting, enable VAT reimbursements, and tax planning related to C.H. Robinson’s Mexico operations. Accelerate your career by working with internal and external tax planning and compliance professionals to support C.H. Robinson’s large cross-border logistics business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review Balance sheet for tax accounts currency cleaning
- Assist in reviewing and improving the automation process, JE, reconciliations, payments, and all tax related entries
- Research and suggest responses to changes in tax law, regulations, and guidelines
- Fixed Assets for local fiscal purposes preparation and review
- Payroll & Stock options + retirement contribution reconciliation, tax perspective
- T&L process improvement and audit ( tax deductible limits)
- Support process improvement and tax planning initiatives
- Assist in preparing Mexico tax filings and responding to SAT inquiries
- Participate in the preparation of the international tax provision and financial audit
- Act as a tax resource for Legal, Accounting and Treasury to support our business operations and customers
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, taxation, or related field of study
- Minimum 4 years of experience in corporate taxation or public accounting
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the year (domestically and/ internationally)
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law/rules and implications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Experience preparing Mexican tax forms
- Experience responding to inquiries from the SAT
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.