Carrier RepresentativeApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
If you want to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travel around the world on a daily basis, the Carrier Sales Representative role is for you! As a Carrier Sales Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and C.H. Robinson. You will utilize carrier analytics and other tools to guide negotiations and buying decisions. This role combines sales, account management, and operations management to meet the transportation needs of our customers. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you’ll make an impact on the global supply chain every day.
What will you be doing?
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform and drive automation
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in an Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.