The Logistics Lead is responsible for ensuring effective management of the customer’s supply chain information using TMC’s Transportation Management System. This role is typically assigned to a particular region, mode, business unit or small account to assist in the delegation of operational tasks. This person is accountable for achieving operational efficiency and driving continuous improvement within their area of responsibility as well as within their team. The incumbent in this role will champion and use the TMC project-based delivery model to identify, manage, and drive projects to conclusion within their team.
- • Ensure all arrangements are made for the execution of shipments through your area of responsibility
- • Act as a resource for peers
- • Create and document standard operating processes
- • Manage complex exceptions and drive problem solving to prevent the reoccurrence of problems and improve processes
- • Assist in the facilitation of cross training within assigned team
- • Responsible for meeting operational targets within a particular region, mode, business unit, or small account
- • Lead calls, meetings, and TMC systems trainings with customer, carrier and vendors
- • Utilize analytical practices to identify and solve problems
- • Build and present intermediate to complex business cases related to how customers can achieve ROI
- • Collaborate with internal service teams to meet team and customer goals
- • Apply the TMC project-based delivery model in your day to day work
- • Lead small sized operations-focused continuous improvement projects utilizing the TMC project-based delivery model
- • Other duties assigned
- • Four-year college degree and/or relevant supply chain/logistics experience required
- • A blend of education and applied work experience may be considered
- Customer service experience preferred
- • Prior experience creating and delivering presentations to senior level management preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- • Must exemplify TMC’s core values
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- • Ability to think critically, perform analysis and solve problems
- • Ability to proactively identify patterns in operations and data
- • Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- • Ability to develop and deliver presentations to a variety of levels of leadership
- • Ability to utilize project management skills to successfully complete various sized projects
- • Ability to gather, translate and act upon voice of customer
- • Composure and poise in a customer-centric environment
- • Ability to adapt to an ambiguous and changing environment
- • Ability to direct activities of small work groups
- • Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
- • Ability to act as a subject matter expert
- • Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion, including overtime hours when requested
- • A minimum of up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.