The Supervisor Logistics is responsible for utilizing TMC’s proprietary Transportation Management System as effectively manage the flow of all Transportation information on behalf of the customer. This position is accountable for driving operational efficiency within their team, assisting in setting operational performance metrics and delegating tasks to ensure completion. The Supervisor will own all operations-based relationships with the external customer as well as the internal team. This role is expected to use the TMC project-based delivery model to generate large, complex projects for their team and drive them through to completion.
- Ensure all arrangements are made for the execution of shipments through your area of responsibility
- Act as a resource for peers
- Resolve complex exceptions and drive problem solving to prevent the reoccurrence of problems and improve processes
- Develop and ensure documentation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for operational SMART Targets and operational Metrics at business unit, geographic, or account(s) specific level
- Lead calls and trainings with customer representatives at an equal or greater seniority level
- Make fact based suggestions and build and present a business cases related to how customers can achieve ROI
- Provide leadership to a small to mid-sized team at a business unit or geographic level while displaying the IMPACT Values
- Manage and facilitate trainings across assigned team • Provide input to development plans and reviews
- Coordinate meal breaks and vacation time to ensure operational coverage • Setting new customer-driven metrics to improve customer’s overall processes within the supply chain
- Utilize available analytics to identify and solve problems
- Be able to apply the TMC project-based delivery model in your day to day work as well as teach and articulate the model to the team
- Other duties assigned
- Four-year college degree required
- A minimum of 3 years of Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Transportation Management System experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required
- A minimum of up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
- English and Spanish Proficiency
- Prior experience leading people preferred
- Ability to lead others to think critically, perform analysis and solve problems
- Ability to proactively identify patterns in operations and data
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and provide feedback in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to mid-level leadership
- Ability to gather, translate and drive results based on voice of customer
- Composure and poise in a customer-centric environment
- Ability to adapt and lead in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Prior experience creating and delivering presentations to senior level management
- Ability to lead activities of small work groups
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset •
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to learn new complex information systems quickly
- Ability to act as a mentor and subject matter expert to peers
- Demonstrated ability to utilize project management skills to successfully complete various sized projects preferred
We offer a competitive benefits plan above the Mexican Labor Law. This includes life and medical insurance, a Wealth Accumulation Plan (Plan de Pensiones), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and among others, the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.